Certified Safety Technician
WSO-CST is an entry level designation for specialists in safety related disciplines, i.e.: fire science, industrial hygiene, occupa-tional safety and health, nuclear safety, loss control, etc. (This designation is not a prerequisite for other WSO professional certifications)
Certification Requirements: An applicant must be
- a current WSO Affiliate Member, Click here to learn how to become an Affiliate Member
- be of good moral character,
- meet application requirements,
- satisfy the educational and experience criteria,
- pay the required fee.
- pass the written exam
All applications for certification shall be on forms prescribed and furnished by the Board. Processing shall conform with procedures prescribed by the Board. This is the only WSO designation awarded by Certification through Documentation.
1. A Bachelor degree in Safety or associated discipline and current employment in a safety position; or
2. An Associate degree in Safety or an associated discipline, three years field experience in safety, and currently employed in a safety position; or
3. Five years field experience in safety or associated discipline and currently employed in a safety position.