OSHA 10 hour General
About this course:
The 10-hour General Industry Safety Certification is intended to provide an entry level worker’s general awareness on recognizing and preventing hazards in a general industry setting. OSHA recommends Training Program courses as an orientation to occupational safety and health for workers covered by OSHA standards. Workers must receive additional training, when required by OSHA standards, on the specific hazards of the job.
Course designed for: Entry Level General Industry Workers
Participants will: Describe specific requirements in OSHA standard that protect workers from common hazards in general industry
Course duration: 10 hours classroom and Participants must successfully pass the written exam at the end of the course.
Training method: Classroom
Course accreditation: International Board of Environmental Health & Safety (IBOEHS), USA.
Language requirement: Whilst there is no pre-requisite for this course, IELTS 4-5 is recommended to ensure quality comprehension of the subject matter.
Minimum number of participants: 10 people
Upon successful completion of the course: Participants will receive a certificate of 10 hour of course completion for General Industry.
- Module 1: Introduction to the OSH Act
- Module 2: Walking & Working Surfaces
- Module 3: Emergency Action Plan
- Module 4: Hazardous Materials
- Module 5: Personal Protective Equipment
- Module 6: Machine Guarding Safety
- Module 7: Electrical Safety
- Module 8: Hazard Communication
- Module 9: Hazardous Substances & Industrial Hygiene
- Module 10: Safety and Health Programs
- Final Exam