WSO Chapter/WSO National Office of the Year
The WSO Chapter/WSO National Office of the year award is presented annually to recognize exceptional effort on the part of a WSO Chapter/WSO National Office membership to promote WSO and the organization. Any WSO Chapter/National Office in good standing is eligible for this award. (one award per year)
Criteria for Nomination: Number of meetings held, ratio of percentage of chapter members attending meetings, quality and number of Chapter/National Office newsletters, special events conducted by the Chapter/National Office, number of activities held to promote WSO and the organization, number of new members, participation in the awards program, articles submitted and published in WSO Journal by Chapter/National Office members.
If you want to nominate someone by filling this WSO Awards Nomination Form
The submission must contain the following info:
1. Name of the award for which the nomination is being submitted.
2. Name of the individual, group, committee, organization , or firm being nominated.
a. If nominating an individual: provide name, home address, and phone number of the individual, as well as the employer’s work address, phone, and email address.
b. If nominating a group or committee: provide the name of the group or committee and the organization with which it is affiliated, as well as the name, address, telephone number, and email address of the chairperson.
c. If nominating an organization or firm: provide the name, address, and telephone of the firm, as well as the name, address, phone number, and email address (if applicable) of the chief executive officer, president, or owner.
3. Provide the name, address, telephone, and email address of the person making the nomination.
4. If the nominee is an individual, name the employer and provide a brief description of the nominee’s current position. If the nominee is a group, provide a description of the purpose of the group and the primary organization it supports (100-150 words).
5. Provide a description of the key outstanding accomplishments of the nominee. It must be clear exactly how the nominee meets the criteria for the award nominated.
a. For individuals: provide a summary of the nominee’s educational and WSO-related professional accomplishments. Enumerate the nominee’s contributions to the WSO Organization, safety profession, and his/her employer and community.
b. For groups, committees, organization, or firms: provide a summary of the nominee’s contribution(s) to the advancement of the WSO.
6. Provide the name, address, phone number, and email address (if applicable) of three references that can provide comments concerning the nominee’s performance. At least one reference must be a WSO organization member. Persons listed as references cannot be related to or employed by the nominee.
7. Provide appropriate supporting documentation to support the nomination. If the nomination is based on published works, provide copies of the document(s).
Submit all nominations by June 1 each year to:
WSO World Management Center
WSO Awards Committee
PO Box 518
Warrensburg, Missouri 64093 USA