WSO Concerned Company/Corporation Award
Nominees can be recognized as: • a company or corporation with an excellent safety program, safety record, etc., industrial in nature, with programs on off-the-job safety, environmental programs, etc.; • a company or corporation, non-industrial in nature, with an excellent safety or environmental program, safety record, etc. (six awards per year; seven if no non-industrial entity is selected)
Nominator: May be nominated by any individual or organization with an in-depth knowledge of the nominee’s accomplishments.
Criteria for Nomination: Company or corporation who is actively (and above-average in) contributing to the protection of people, property, resources, and the environment through innovative programs; shows distinctive concern for the well-being of its employees and local community.
If you want to nominate someone by filling this WSO Awards Nomination Form
The submission must contain the following info:
1. Name of the award for which the nomination is being submitted.
2. Name of the individual, group, committee, organization , or firm being nominated.
a. If nominating an individual: provide name, home address, and phone number of the individual, as well as the employer’s work address, phone, and email address.
b. If nominating a group or committee: provide the name of the group or committee and the organization with which it is affiliated, as well as the name, address, telephone number, and email address of the chairperson.
c. If nominating an organization or firm: provide the name, address, and telephone of the firm, as well as the name, address, phone number, and email address (if applicable) of the chief executive officer, president, or owner.
3. Provide the name, address, telephone, and email address of the person making the nomination.
4. If the nominee is an individual, name the employer and provide a brief description of the nominee’s current position. If the nominee is a group, provide a description of the purpose of the group and the primary organization it supports (100-150 words).
5. Provide a description of the key outstanding accomplishments of the nominee. It must be clear exactly how the nominee meets the criteria for the award nominated.
a. For individuals: provide a summary of the nominee’s educational and WSO-related professional accomplishments. Enumerate the nominee’s contributions to the WSO Organization, safety profession, and his/her employer and community.
b. For groups, committees, organization, or firms: provide a summary of the nominee’s contribution(s) to the advancement of the WSO.
6. Provide the name, address, phone number, and email address (if applicable) of three references that can provide comments concerning the nominee’s performance. At least one reference must be a WSO organization member. Persons listed as references cannot be related to or employed by the nominee.
7. Provide appropriate supporting documentation to support the nomination. If the nomination is based on published works, provide copies of the document(s).
Submit all nominations by June 1 each year to:
WSO World Management Center
WSO Awards Committee
PO Box 518
Warrensburg, Missouri 64093 USA