Certification Requirements: An applicant must be
- a current WSO Affiliate Member
- be of good moral character,
- meet application requirements,
- satisfy the educational and experience criteria,
- pay the required fees.
- pass the written exam
All applications for certification shall be on forms prescribed and furnished by the Board. Processing shall conform with procedures prescribed by the Board.
Requirements for International Certification
Successfully completed Levels I, II and Supervisor or their equivalent plus, served at least 12 months, developing, planning, and implementing programs involving use, storage and disposal of hazardous materials/hazardous waste and developing associated emergency response programs. Completed advanced level training programs of approximately 100 to 150 hours in the following areas:
- Compliance with local, state, regional, national and international regulations
- Requirements for hazardous materials/waste storage, handling disposal and incidents
- Development of standard operating procedures for facilities using, storing, handling and disposing of hazardous materials
- Planning, development and implementation of hazardous materials/waste emergency response programs
- Planning development and implementation of worker and community safety programs by facilities using, storing or dis-posing of hazardous materials/waste
- Development and coordination of a plan utilizing local, state, regional and national emergency support services
- Developing appropriate equipment lists and procuring items necessary for the protection of people, property, resources and the environment
- Planning and development of a remedial program for cleanup of hazardous materials/waste at any facility.