Certification Requirements: An applicant must be
- a current WSO Affiliate Member
- be of good moral character,
- meet application requirements,
- satisfy the educational and experience criteria,
- pay the required fee.
- pass the written exam
All applications for certification shall be on forms prescribed and furnished by the Board. Processing shall conform with procedures prescribed by the Board.
Requirements for International Certification Level I: Completion of a training program of approximately 30 to 40 hours in the following general areas:
- Introduction to hazardous materials
- Recognition, identification and classification of hazardous materials.
- Safety consideration in working with hazardous materials.
- Procedures of incident response to hazardous materials.
- Control methods, agents and material usage in hazardous materials handling or incidents.
- Successfully completed 6 months field work covering all of the above.