Certification Requirements: An applicant must be
- a current WSO Affiliate Member
- be of good moral character,
- meet application requirements,
- satisfy the educational and experience criteria,
- pay the required fees.
- pass the written exam
All applications for certification shall be on forms prescribed and furnished by the Board. Processing shall conform with procedures prescribed by the Board.
Requirements for International Certification Level II:
Successfully completed the Level I program or its equivalent and served a 6 months internship working in a hazardous materi-als program. Completion of an advanced level training program of approximately 140 to 150 hours in the following general areas:
- Basic Chemistry.
- Basic Toxicology.
- Elements of operation and incident management.
- Theory of chemical elements, mixture, compounds, solutions and other variations.
- Physical and chemical characteristics of the following hazardous material types: Combustible, explosive, toxic and flammable.
- Methods of control, containment, and handling of hazardous materials.
- Detection of hazardous materials.
- Storage, patching and repair of containers.
- Herbicides, pesticides and farm chemicals.
- Protective clothing and equipment decontaminations materials.
- Procedures for handling the following hazardous materials incidents: Fixed facility, marine, rail, vehicular, pipeline, tank, clandestine labs, nuclear.
Minimum Experience Requirements:
The WSO International Hazardous Materials Certification Program, Level II requires a minimum training time of approximately 2 weeks to a maximum of 20 weeks extending over one to two years.